Below is a comprehensive directory of mental health rehab & treatment programs in Malverne Park Oaks, New York.
The closest mental health treatment provider to you is 1.62 miles away. If you can't find a mental health or behavioral health rehab close to you, we recommend checking out nearby towns including: Malverne, Lakeview, North Lynbrook, and West Hempstead.
Directory of Mental Health Rehabs In Malverne Park Oaks, NY
Mental health rehabs in Malverne Park Oaks, NY are facilities where individuals struggling with mental illness can safely get help. When selecting a facility ask questions regarding their treatment protocol for your individual needs.
Behavorial & Mental Health Treatment Centers in Malverne Park Oaks
Searching for A Mental Health Rehab Clinic in Malverne Park Oaks, NY
Searching for a mental health provider in Malverne Park Oaks, NY should be taken seriously. Getting the right care for yourself or your loved one could greatly impact their recovery process. You must consider a variety of factors, including:
- Treatment Philosophy
- Therapies Offered
- Payment Options
- Location of Services Rendered
- Private Insurance can be purchased through your employer or your spouse/parent’s employer. You can also sign up for your own private insurance plan directly through a private insurance provider.
- Subsidized Private Insurance is available through an online marketplace to those who have an income below a certain threshold, yet are not eligible for medicare/medicaid.
- Medicare - A government-funded healthcare option available to individuals over the age of 65.
- Medicaid - A government-funded healthcare option available to low-income individuals and families.Medicare/Medicaid- Government-funded healthcare options for those below a certain income or over the age of 65.
- Cash Pay] - Those who have the financial means may pay for their mental health care Malverne Park Oaks out-of-pocket. People who can self-pay - but not all at once - may ask about a payment plan or line of credit.
- Scholarships - Some mental health centers Malverne Park Oaks offer scholarship opportunities for people who show a tremendous want and commitment to healing, but do not have the means.
- “Free” Programs - Private and public not-for-profit organizations use the funds to provide mental health treatment to their local community. Unfortunately, it is common to see a long waiting period in areas with a greater need for these services.
Types of Mental Health Providers in Malverne Park Oaks, NY
Mental illness manifests in different ways for different people. As such, there are multiple types of mental health professionals that use different techniques and serve distinct roles.
Psychologists in Malverne Park Oaks
A psychologist is a mental health professional who is trained and educated to conduct psychological evaluations and issue diagnoses. What psychiatrists focus on is identifying troubling thoughts and emotions and developing coping mechanisms to manage them. The majority of treatment revolves around addressing and resolving destructive and otherwise unhealthy behaviors.
Psychiatrists in Malverne Park Oaks
Sometimes an individual needs more immediate or intense treatment compared to what a psychologist can offer - namely prescription medication. Psychiatrists are physicians (medical doctors) who specialize in mental illness and therefore can offer prescription medication. Even though, they are trained and qualified to conduct psychotherapy (talk therapy), not all psychiatrists do.
Therapists, Counselors & Clinicians in Malverne Park Oaks
All are interchangeable terms used to describe mental health care professionals who have completed a master degree in in a field related to mental or public health. As they are not medical doctors, they tend to treat mental health issues with approaches similar to psychologists. Behavioral therapy is their technique of choice to resolve issues.
Paying for Malverne Park Oaks Mental Health Rehab
Nothing in life is free, and mental healthcare is no exception. The cost of housing, medication, therapy, and all other aspects of recovery can add up. Someone has to pay them. In the United States, the most common method of paying for any type of health care is insurance. However, this isn’t the only option. Additional payment options include government healthcare, self-pay, scholarships, and free programs:
Your mind is connected with your body and directly affects your overall health - so prioritize your mental health. Locate a mental health provider near you.