Below is a comprehensive directory of mental health rehab & treatment programs in Oak Island, North Carolina.
The closest mental health treatment provider to you is 9.9 miles away. If you can't find a mental health or behavioral health rehab close to you, we recommend checking out nearby towns including: Saint James, Caswell Beach, Varnamtown, and Southport.
Directory of Mental Health Care Near Oak Island, NC
Mental Health Rehabs is a nationwide online directory of mental health providers and rehab facilities. We aim to connect people in need of mental health rehab in Oak Island, NC with the most trusted options near them. keep scrolling to find local mental healthcare options near you.
Depression, bipolar disorder, and substance use disorders are all examples of mental illness. In fact, these conditions are some of the most common struggles Americans face. The definition of mental illness is the presence of health conditions involving changes in emotions, thoughts, and behavior. Instances of mental illness may be identified by distress or issues in social settings, work, and family relationships. Diagnosing and treating mental illnesses is possible, but evaluations need to be conducted by trained and experienced mental health professionals in Oak Island, NC such as psychiatrists, psychologists, and mental health counselors. Treatment options may include behavioral therapy, support group meetings, and life skills development.
Behavorial & Mental Health Treatment Centers in Oak Island
Mental Health in Oak Island, NC - What is Mental Health
Mental health is defined as the condition of our emotional, cognitive, and behavioral state. Simply put: It’s the state of our minds. It can affect everything from our thoughts and feelings, to how we act and how our bodies respond to certain situations and stimuli.
Our mental health can have a major impact on our overall quality of life. Our relationships, careers, and finances can all suffer. It contributes to our self-esteem, changes how we make decisions, how we communicate, and even how we learn.
Even though we cannot technically see or measure it, our mental health how we interact with the world around us. Ultimately, it makes up the very fibers of who we are.
Types of Mental Health Providers in Oak Island, NC
No two people with mental illness experience it in the exact same way. For that reason, there are different care providers who can provide various types of treatment. Here are the types of trained providers:
Psychologists in Oak Island
Psychologists are trained to conduct psychological evaluations and make diagnoses. These individuals are highly adept at helping individuals understand and cope with their feelings and thoughts, and usually do so through talk therapy in an individual or group setting. Much of their practice zeros in on identifying and changing destructive and otherwise unhealthy behaviors.
Psychiatrists in Oak Island
Sometimes an individual needs more immediate or intense treatment than what a psychologist can offer - namely prescription medication. Psychiatrists are physicians (medical doctors) who specialize in mental illness and therefore can offer prescription medication. Although they are trained and qualified to conduct psychotherapy (talk therapy), some psychiatrists choose not to.
Therapists, Counselors & Clinicians in Oak Island
Each of these terms are interchangeable and are used to describe mental health care professionals who have completed a master degree in in a field related to mental or public health. As they are not physicians, they tend to treat mental health issues with approaches similar to psychologists. Behavioral therapy is their technique of choice to resolve issues.
Paying for Oak Island Mental Health Rehab
Everything costs something - including mental healthcare The cost of housing, medication, therapy, and all other aspects of recovery can add up. Someone has to pay them. In the United States, the most common method of paying for any type of health care is insurance. However, this isn’t the only option. Here is a breakdown of all of the possible ways to pay for mental health treatment:
- Private Insurance may be available through your employer or your spouse/parent’s employer. You can also sign up for your own private insurance plan directly through a private insurance provider.
- Subsidized Private Insurance is available through healthcare.gov to those who earn a low income, but also do not qualify for medicare/medicaid.
- Medicare - A government-funded healthcare option available to individuals over the age of 65.
- Medicaid - A government-funded healthcare option available to low-income individuals and families.Medicare/Medicaid- Government-funded healthcare options for those below a certain income or over the age of 65.
- Out-of-pocket] - Those who can afford it may pay for their mental health treatment Oak Island out-of-pocket. People who can self-pay - but not all at once - may ask about a payment plan or line of credit.
- Scholarships - Certain mental health rehab centers Oak Island offer scholarship opportunities for individuals who show a tremendous yearning and dedication to healing, but otherwise would not have the financial means] to pay for [the treatment they need.
- “Free” Programs - Certain organizations dedicate funds to provide mental health services to lower income individuals in their community. Unfortunately, there may be a long waitlist in areas with a great demand for these services.
Our mental health impacts our overall wellbeing - so prioritize your mental health. Locate a mental health provider near you.