Below is a comprehensive directory of mental health rehab & treatment programs in Saint Francis, Kentucky.
The closest mental health treatment provider to you is 12.47 miles away. If you can't find a mental health or behavioral health rehab close to you, we recommend checking out nearby towns including: Loretto, New Hope, Raywick, and Saint Mary.
Options For Mental Health Providers Near Saint Francis, KY
Mental health rehabs in Saint Francis, KY are facilities where individuals struggling with mental illness can safely get help. When choosing a facility inquire that will help you develop an understanding of their approach to treatment.
Behavorial & Mental Health Treatment Centers in Saint Francis
Understanding Mental Illness in Saint Francis, KY
Any condition that affects thoughts, behaviors, and emotions in a negative way can be considered a mental illness. Because all of our self-worth and communications are dependent on our mental health, it is detrimental that we take care of Mental Illness when we become aware of it. If someone is unable to process their thoughts and emotions properly, they can quickly feel detached and struggle with self-esteem. Sadly, another frequent result of mental illness is turning to chemical substances as a means to self-medicate. When this happens, their mental Illness can not be treated right away—resulting in a much more dire situation. When this happens, the best route of treatment is likely a Dual Diagnosis facility. Dual diagnosis treatment allows for both diseases to be treated simultaneously.
Selecting a Mental Health Care Provider in Saint Francis, KY
When choosing a mental health provider in Saint Francis, KY , the most vital aspect is to accurately consider the individual's needs. Most commonly, we suggest beginning with what you already knowz, as denial is a usual side effect. So first, start by evaluating the individual’s current mental health status and if they are using any types of mind altering substances. If drug are a factor, then reaching out to a dual diagnosis facility to treat the co-occurring disorders would be ideal. Once a decision has been made on the type of facility to attend, a clinical assessment by the provider is the next step. The majority of rehabs will have a pervasive and thorough evaluation. These evaluations are used to confirm that the patient is a good fit for their program, as well as help direct the clinical staff on the unique needs of the patient.
Types of Mental Health Providers in Saint Francis, KY
Mental illness manifests differently for different people. As such, there are various types of mental health professionals that use different techniques and serve distinct roles.
Psychologists in Saint Francis
A psychologist is a mental health professional who is qualified to conduct psychological evaluations and make diagnoses. During a therapy session with a psychiatrist, you can expect to work on identifying harmful thoughts and emotions and developing coping mechanisms to manage them. The majority of treatment revolves around identifying and changing destructive and otherwise unhealthy behaviors.
Psychiatrists in Saint Francis
Psychiatrists are individuals who completed medical school and received specialized psychiatric training. The main difference between psychologists and psychiatrists is that psychiatrists are able to prescribe medications. As such, psychiatrists are often employed to help manage chronic disorders or serious mental illness (SMI), conditions that require medical treatment. Although they are trained and qualified to conduct psychotherapy (talk therapy), not all psychiatrists do.
Therapists, Counselors & Clinicians in Saint Francis
All are interchangeable terms used to describe mental health care professionals who graduated with a masters in in a field related to mental or public health. They operate more similarly to psychologists than psychiatrists, being treatment-focused often with an emphasis on modifying behavior. More often than not, individual and group therapy is the primary treatment approach.
Paying for Saint Francis Mental Health Rehab
Everything costs something - including mental healthcare The cost of housing, medication, therapy, and all other aspects of recovery can add up. Someone has to pay them. In the United States, the most common method of paying for any type of health care is insurance. However, this isn’t the only option. Here is an overview of all of the possible ways to pay for mental healthcare:
- Private Insurance might be offered through your employer or your spouse/parent’s employer. Private insurance can also be purchased directly from the insurance provider.
- Subsidized Private Insurance is available through the Healthcare Marketplace to people who have a low income, but also do not qualify for medicare/medicaid.
- Medicare - A government-funded healthcare option available to individuals over the age of 65.
- Medicaid - A government-funded healthcare option available to low-income individuals and families.Medicare/Medicaid- Government-funded healthcare options for those below a certain income or over the age of 65.
- Out-of-pocket] - Those who have the financial means may pay for their mental health care Saint Francis out-of-pocket. Payment plans and credit options may be available for self-pay clients.
- Scholarships - Certain mental health providers Saint Francis offer scholarship opportunities for people who express a great yearning and dedication to healing, but otherwise would not have the financial means] to pay for [the treatment they need.
- “Free” Programs - Certain organizations allocate funds to provide mental health rehabilitation to lower income individuals in their community. Unfortunately, there may be a long waiting period in areas with high demand for these services.
Our mental health impacts our overall wellbeing - so prioritize your mental wellbeing. Locate a mental health provider near you.