Below is a comprehensive directory of mental health rehab & treatment programs in Harlan, Kentucky.
The closest mental health treatment provider to you is 2.3 miles away. If you can't find a mental health or behavioral health rehab close to you, we recommend checking out nearby towns including: Loyall, Coxton, Ages, and South Wallins.
Directory of Mental Health Providers In Harlan, KY
Surveys show that 1 in 5 adults in this country struggles with some form of mental illness. Mental Health Rehabs has created a directory of mental health rehabs across the United States to connect those in need with the resources near them. Explore below to select a mental health rehab in Harlan, KY .
Behavorial & Mental Health Treatment Centers in Harlan
Understanding Mental Illness in Harlan, KY
Any condition that negatively affects our psychological well-being is a a mental illness. Because all of our self-worth and communications are dependent on our mental health, it is detrimental that we take care of Mental Illness when we become aware of it. If someone cannot process their thoughts and emotions properly, they can quickly feel isolated and struggle with self-esteem. Sadly, another possible result of mental illness is using drugs & alcohol as self-medication. As a result, their mental Illness can go untreated for years—allowing things to become much, much worse. When this happens, we usually suggest looking for a Dual Diagnosis facility. Dual diagnosis treatment is designed to allow both diseases to be treated simultaneously.
Choosing a Mental Health Provider in Harlan, KY
When selecting a mental health provider in Harlan, KY , the most important thing is to properly assess the individual's needs. Typically, we recommend starting with the facts, because denial is a regular side effect. It is best to start with any current diagnosis and whether or not they are using substances to medicate. Suppose drug have been used, then selecting a dual diagnosis facility to treat the co-occurring disorders would be recommended. Once a mental health rehab facility has been chosen, the next thing is to let the provider assess directly. Most providers will have a an in-depth and intensive evaluation. These evaluations are used to confirm that the patient is a good fit for their rehab, as well as help provide the clinical stall with insight on the unique needs of the patient.
Benefits of Mental Health Rehab in Harlan, KY
Mental health services are beneficial for the individuals suffering, as well as the society as a whole. Mental illness impacts our brain, and our brain is where we experience all of our thoughts and feelings. That is why we must take care of our Mental Health as much as if not more than our physical well-being. Without mental healthcare, recovery is not easy. This is particularly true when there is a history of substance abuse. research has Relapse rates among those in recovery are so high partially due to the frequent presence of mental health issues too. When only one condition is treated without regard for the other, we are merely removing the crutch without fixing the broken leg.
Paying for Harlan Mental Health Rehab
Everything costs something - including mental healthcare The cost of housing, medication, therapy, and all other aspects of recovery can add up. Someone has to pay them. In the United States, the most common method of paying for any type of health care is insurance. However, this isn’t the only option. Here is a breakdown of all of the options in terms of paying for mental health treatment:
- Private Insurance may be available through your employer or your spouse/parent’s employer. You can also sign up for your own private insurance plan directly through a private insurance provider.
- Subsidized Private Insurance is available through the Healthcare Marketplace to those who earn less than a certain income, yet do not qualify for medicare/medicaid.
- Medicare - A government-funded healthcare option available to individuals over the age of 65.
- Medicaid - A government-funded healthcare option available to low-income individuals and families.Medicare/Medicaid- Government-funded healthcare options for those below a certain income or over the age of 65.
- Out-of-pocket] - Those who have the financial means may pay for their mental health therapy Harlan out-of-pocket. People who can self-pay - but not all at once - may ask about a payment plan or line of credit.
- Scholarships - Occasionally, mental health centers Harlan offer a scholarship for people who display a great want and dedication to healing, but do not have the treatment.
- “Free” Programs - Private and public not-for-profit organizations dedicate funds to provide mental health treatment to lower income individuals in their community. Unfortunately, there may be a long waiting period in areas with high demand for these services.
Our mental health impacts our overall wellbeing - so care for your mind, body, and spirit. Get started with a mental health provider near you.