Below is a comprehensive directory of mental health rehab & treatment programs in Bethel, Alaska.
The closest mental health treatment provider to you is 1.04 miles away. If you can't find a mental health or behavioral health rehab close to you, we recommend checking out nearby towns including: Oscarville, Napaskiak, Napakiak, and Kwethluk.
List of Mental Health Providers In Bethel, AK
Mental Health Rehabs is an online directory of mental health providers and facilities in the United States. We aim to connect individuals in need of mental health treatment in Bethel, AK with the best options near them. keep scrolling to find local mental healthcare options near you.
Depression, bipolar disorder, and substance use disorders are all examples of mental illness. Actually, these conditions are some of the most common conditions among people in the United States. The definition of mental illness is the presence of health conditions involving changes in emotions, thoughts, and behavior. Instances of mental illness may be identified by distress or issues in social settings, work, and family relationships. Diagnosing and treating mental illnesses is possible, but evaluations need to be conducted by properly educated mental health care providers. Treatment varies but may include a combination of behavioral therapy, support group meetings, and life skills development.
Behavorial & Mental Health Treatment Centers in Bethel
Mental Health in Bethel, AK - What is Mental Health
Mental health is defined as the condition of our emotional, cognitive, and behavioral state. In short, our mental health is the state of our minds. It can impact everything from our thoughts and feelings, to how we act and how our bodies respond to certain situations and stimuli.
Our mental health can have a significant impact on our overall quality of life, affecting day-to-day activities and relationships at work, at home, and in our love lives. It impacts our self-esteem, changes how we make choices, our ability to communicate, and even how we learn.
Even though we cannot physically see or measure it, our mental well-being directly relates to how we interact with the world around us. Ultimately, it makes up the very fibers of who we are.
Types of Mental Health Providers in Bethel, AK
No two people with mental illness experience it in the exact same way. As such, there are various types of mental health professionals that use different techniques and serve distinct roles.
Psychologists in Bethel
Psychologists are qualified to conduct psychological evaluations and provide diagnoses. The focus when working with a psychiatrist is identifying harmful thoughts and emotions and developing coping mechanisms to manage them. Much of their practice zeros in on addressing and resolving destructive and otherwise unhealthy behaviors.
Psychiatrists in Bethel
Psychiatrists are medical doctors (M.D) who have received psychiatric training. Unlike psychologists, they are able to prescribe medications. As such, psychiatrists are commonly employed to help manage chronic disorders or serious mental illness (SMI), which typically require medical treatment. Despite the fact that they are trained and qualified to conduct psychotherapy (talk therapy), some psychiatrists choose not to.
Therapists, Counselors & Clinicians in Bethel
Each of these terms are interchangeable and are used to describe mental health care professionals with a masters-level education in fields such as psychology, marriage and family therapy, or other specialties. As they are not medical doctors, they address mental health issues with approaches similar to psychologists. Behavioral therapy is their technique of choice to resolve issues.
Paying for Bethel Mental Health Rehab
Nothing in life is free, and mental healthcare is no exception. The cost of housing, medication, therapy, and all other aspects of recovery can add up. Someone has to pay them. In the United States, the most common method of paying for any type of health care is insurance. However, this isn’t the only option. Additional payment options include Medicare and Medicaid, self-payment, scholarships, and free programs:
- Private Insurance may be available through your employer or your spouse/parent’s employer. You can also sign up for your own private insurance plan directly through a private insurance provider.
- Subsidized Private Insurance is available through healthcare.gov to those who earn less than a certain income, but also do not qualify for medicare/medicaid.
- Medicare - A government-funded healthcare option available to individuals over the age of 65.
- Medicaid - A government-funded healthcare option available to low-income individuals and families.Medicare/Medicaid- Government-funded healthcare options for those below a certain income or over the age of 65.
- Cash Pay] - If a patient is able to, they may pay for their mental health rehab Bethel out-of-pocket. Payment plans and credit options may be available for self-pay clients.
- Scholarships - Some mental health rehab programs Bethel offer a scholarship for people who express a strong yearning and dedication to healing, but do not have the ability.
- “Free” Programs - Private and public not-for-profit organizations dedicate funds to provide mental health services to lower income individuals in their community. However, it is common to see a long waitlist in areas with a great demand for these services.
Our mental health impacts our overall wellbeing - so take care of it. Get help from a mental health provider near you.