General Phone Number: 203-688-9704
Admissions Phone Number: 203-688-9907
Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital provides the following mental health rehabilitation services in New Haven.
- Mental Health Rehab Center
- Provides Addiction Treatment
Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital is run by a private non-profit organization.
Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital provides treatment in the following settings.
- Hospital inpatient mental health treatment
Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital provides the following emergency mental health treatment and services.
- Crisis intervention team
- Psychiatric emergency onsite services
- Psychiatric emergency walk-in services
Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital utilizes the following treatment approaches.
- Activity therapy
- Behavior modification
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Couples/family therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Electroconvulsive therapy
- Group therapy
- Integrated dual disorders treatment
- Individual psychotherapy
- Ketamine Infusion Therapy
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
- Trauma therapy
Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital utilizes the following pharmacotherapies & medications in the treatment process.
- Haloperidol (Haldol®)
- Aripiprazole (Abilify®)
- Brexpiprazole (Rexulti®)
- Clozapine (Clozaril®)
- Lurasidone (Latuda®)
- Olanzapine/Fluoxetine combination (Symbyax®)
- Quetiapine (Seroquel®)
Information regarding payment(s) accepted at Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital and possible financial assistance.
- Military Insurance
- Private Insurance
- State Correction or Juvenile Justice Funds
- Cash or Self Payment
- State-Financed Healthcare Plan Other Than Medicaid
- State Mental Health Agency Funds
- State Welfare or Child and Family Service Funds
- U.S. Department of VA funds
- Payment Assistance Available (Check With Facility For Details)
- Sliding Fee Scale (based on income and other factors)
Information regarding specialty programs and groups offered at Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital.
- Transitional age young adults
- Seniors or older adults
- Seniors or older adults
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer/questioning (LGBTQ) clients
- Persons with co-occurring mental and substance use disorders
- Persons who have experienced trauma
- Persons with Alzheimer's or dementia
- Persons with eating disorders
- Persons experiencing first-episode psychosis
- Children/adolescents with serious emotional disturbance (SED)
- Persons with serious mental illness (SMI)
Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital offers the following screening and testing services to mental health clients.
- HIV testing
- Screening for Hepatitis B
- Screening for Hepatitis C
- TB Screening
Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital provides the following ancillary services in addition to mental health treatment.
- Case management
- Diet and exercise counseling
- Education services
- Family psychoeducation
- Psychosocial rehabilitation services