General Phone Number: 559-225-6100
Admissions Phone Number: 559-225-6100 x5468
VA Central CA Healthcare System provides the following mental health rehabilitation services in Fresno.
- Mental Health Treatment Center
- Treatment for Co-occuring Disorders Such as Substance Abuse
VA Central CA Healthcare System is run by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
VA Central CA Healthcare System provides treatment in the following settings.
- Outpatient mental health rehabiliation
VA Central CA Healthcare System provides the following emergency mental health treatment and services.
- Crisis intervention team
- Psychiatric emergency onsite services
- Psychiatric emergency walk-in services
VA Central CA Healthcare System utilizes the following treatment approaches.
- Activity therapy
- Behavior modification
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Couples/family therapy
- Electroconvulsive therapy
- Group therapy
- Integrated dual disorders treatment
- Individual psychotherapy
- Trauma therapy
VA Central CA Healthcare System utilizes the following pharmacotherapies & medications in the treatment process.
- Chlorpromazine (Thorazine®)
- Droperidol (Inapsine®)
- Fluphenazine (Prolixin®)
- Haloperidol (Haldol®)
- Loxapine (Loxitane®)
- Perphenazine (Trilafon/Etrafon/Triavil/Triptafen®)
- Prochlorperazine (Compazine/Compro®)
- Thiothixene (Navane®)
- Thioridazine (Mellaril/Melleril®)
- Trifluoperazine (Stelazine®)
- Aripiprazole (Abilify®)
- Asenapine (Saphris/Sycrest®)
- Clozapine (Clozaril®)
- Lurasidone (Latuda®)
- Olanzapine (Zyprexa®)
- Paliperidone (Invega Trinza®)
- Quetiapine (Seroquel®)
- Risperidone (Risperdal®)
- Ziprasidone (Geodon®)
Information regarding payment(s) accepted at VA Central CA Healthcare System and possible financial assistance.
- U.S. Department of VA funds
Information regarding specialty programs and groups offered at VA Central CA Healthcare System.
- Seniors or older adults
- Seniors or older adults
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer/questioning (LGBTQ) clients
- Persons with co-occurring mental and substance use disorders
- Persons with HIV or AIDS
- Persons who have experienced intimate partner violence, domestic violence
- Persons who have experienced trauma
- Persons with traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Persons with Alzheimer's or dementia
- Persons experiencing first-episode psychosis
- Persons with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Persons with serious mental illness (SMI)
VA Central CA Healthcare System offers the following screening and testing services to mental health clients.
- HIV testing
- Screening for Hepatitis B
- Screening for Hepatitis C
- TB Screening
VA Central CA Healthcare System provides the following ancillary services in addition to mental health treatment.
- Case management
- Diet and exercise counseling
- Education services
- Family psychoeducation
- Housing services
- Intensive case management
- Illness management and recovery
- Integrated primary care services
- Mentoring/peer support/consumer-run services
- Psychosocial rehabilitation services
- Supported employment
- Supported housing
- Suicide prevention services