General Phone Number: 203-551-7464
Admissions Phone Number: 203-579-7300
Southwest Connecticut MH System provides the following mental health rehabilitation services in Bridgeport.
- Mental Health Treatment Center
- Treatment for Co-occuring Disorders Such as Substance Abuse
Southwest Connecticut MH System is run by a state mental health authority.
Southwest Connecticut MH System provides treatment in the following settings.
- Outpatient mental health rehabiliation
Southwest Connecticut MH System provides the following emergency mental health treatment and services.
- Crisis intervention team
- Psychiatric emergency mobile/off-site services
Southwest Connecticut MH System utilizes the following treatment approaches.
- Activity therapy
- Behavior modification
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Couples/family therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Group therapy
- Individual psychotherapy
- Trauma therapy
Southwest Connecticut MH System utilizes the following pharmacotherapies & medications in the treatment process.
- Chlorpromazine (Thorazine®)
- Fluphenazine (Prolixin®)
- Haloperidol (Haldol®)
- Perphenazine (Trilafon/Etrafon/Triavil/Triptafen®)
- Prochlorperazine (Compazine/Compro®)
- Thiothixene (Navane®)
- Thioridazine (Mellaril/Melleril®)
- Aripiprazole (Abilify®)
- Clozapine (Clozaril®)
- Olanzapine (Zyprexa®)
- Olanzapine/Fluoxetine combination (Symbyax®)
- Paliperidone (Invega Trinza®)
- Quetiapine (Seroquel®)
- Risperidone (Risperdal®)
- Ziprasidone (Geodon®)
Information regarding payment(s) accepted at Southwest Connecticut MH System and possible financial assistance.
- Private Insurance
- State Correction or Juvenile Justice Funds
- State-Financed Healthcare Plan Other Than Medicaid
- State Mental Health Agency Funds
- State Welfare or Child and Family Service Funds
- Payment Assistance Available (Check With Facility For Details)
Information regarding specialty programs and groups offered at Southwest Connecticut MH System.
- Seniors or older adults
- Seniors or older adults
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer/questioning (LGBTQ) clients
- Clients referred from the court/judicial system
- Persons with co-occurring mental and substance use disorders
- Persons with HIV or AIDS
- Persons who have experienced trauma
- Persons with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Persons with serious mental illness (SMI)
Southwest Connecticut MH System offers the following screening and testing services to mental health clients.
- There is no information provided regarding screening at Southwest Connecticut MH System
Southwest Connecticut MH System provides the following ancillary services in addition to mental health treatment.
- Assertive community treatment
- Case management
- Court-ordered outpatient treatment
- Diet and exercise counseling
- Education services
- Family psychoeducation
- Housing services
- Intensive case management
- Illness management and recovery
- Legal advocacy
- Mentoring/peer support/consumer-run services
- Psychosocial rehabilitation services
- Supported employment
- Supported housing
- Suicide prevention services
- Vocational rehabilitation services