General Phone Number: 516-868-3030 x101
Admissions Phone Number: 516-868-3030
South Shore Child Guidance Center provides the following mental health rehabilitation services in Freeport.
- Mental Health Treatment Center
- Treatment for Co-occuring Disorders Such as Substance Abuse
South Shore Child Guidance Center is run by a state government agency.
South Shore Child Guidance Center provides treatment in the following settings.
- Outpatient mental health rehabiliation
South Shore Child Guidance Center provides the following emergency mental health treatment and services.
- Crisis intervention team
- Psychiatric emergency onsite services
- Psychiatric emergency mobile/off-site services
- Psychiatric emergency walk-in services
South Shore Child Guidance Center utilizes the following treatment approaches.
- Activity therapy
- Behavior modification
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Couples/family therapy
- Group therapy
- Integrated dual disorders treatment
- Individual psychotherapy
- Trauma therapy
South Shore Child Guidance Center utilizes the following pharmacotherapies & medications in the treatment process.
- Haloperidol (Haldol®)
- Aripiprazole (Abilify®)
- Lurasidone (Latuda®)
- Olanzapine (Zyprexa®)
- Olanzapine/Fluoxetine combination (Symbyax®)
- Quetiapine (Seroquel®)
- Risperidone (Risperdal®)
- Ziprasidone (Geodon®)
Information regarding payment(s) accepted at South Shore Child Guidance Center and possible financial assistance.
- Community Mental Health Block Grants
- Community Service Block Grants
- Other State Funds
- Private Insurance
- Cash or Self Payment
- State-Financed Healthcare Plan Other Than Medicaid
- State Welfare or Child and Family Service Funds
- Sliding Fee Scale (based on income and other factors)
Information regarding specialty programs and groups offered at South Shore Child Guidance Center.
- Transitional age young adults
- Persons with co-occurring mental and substance use disorders
- Persons who have experienced trauma
- Persons with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Children/adolescents with serious emotional disturbance (SED)
- Persons with serious mental illness (SMI)
South Shore Child Guidance Center offers the following screening and testing services to mental health clients.
- There is no information provided regarding screening at South Shore Child Guidance Center
South Shore Child Guidance Center provides the following ancillary services in addition to mental health treatment.
- Court-ordered outpatient treatment
- Family psychoeducation
- Mentoring/peer support/consumer-run services
- Suicide prevention services