General Phone Number: 863-519-0575
Admissions Phone Number: 863-452-3000
Peace River Center provides the following mental health rehabilitation services in Avon Park.
- Mental Health Rehab Center
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Provider
Peace River Center is run by a private non-profit organization and is licensed as a Federally Qualified Health Center.
Peace River Center provides treatment in the following settings.
- Outpatient mental health rehabiliation
Peace River Center provides the following emergency mental health treatment and services.
- Psychiatric emergency mobile/off-site services
Peace River Center utilizes the following treatment approaches.
- Activity therapy
- Behavior modification
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Couples/family therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing therapy
- Group therapy
- Integrated dual disorders treatment
- Individual psychotherapy
- Trauma therapy
Peace River Center utilizes the following pharmacotherapies & medications in the treatment process.
- Chlorpromazine (Thorazine®)
- Fluphenazine (Prolixin®)
- Haloperidol (Haldol®)
- Perphenazine (Trilafon/Etrafon/Triavil/Triptafen®)
- Aripiprazole (Abilify®)
- Asenapine (Saphris/Sycrest®)
- Clozapine (Clozaril®)
- Lurasidone (Latuda®)
- Olanzapine (Zyprexa®)
- Olanzapine/Fluoxetine combination (Symbyax®)
- Paliperidone (Invega Trinza®)
- Quetiapine (Seroquel®)
- Risperidone (Risperdal®)
- Ziprasidone (Geodon®)
Information regarding payment(s) accepted at Peace River Center and possible financial assistance.
- Military Insurance
- Other State Funds
- Private Insurance
- Private or Community Foundation
- State Correction or Juvenile Justice Funds
- Cash or Self Payment
- State-Financed Healthcare Plan Other Than Medicaid
- State Mental Health Agency Funds
- State Welfare or Child and Family Service Funds
Information regarding specialty programs and groups offered at Peace River Center.
- Persons with co-occurring mental and substance use disorders
- Persons who have experienced trauma
- Persons with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Children/adolescents with serious emotional disturbance (SED)
Peace River Center offers the following screening and testing services to mental health clients.
- There is no information provided regarding screening at Peace River Center
Peace River Center provides the following ancillary services in addition to mental health treatment.
- Case management
- Family psychoeducation
- Integrated primary care services