General Phone Number: 305-248-0874
Miami VA Healthcare System provides the following mental health rehabilitation services in Homestead.
- Mental Health Treatment
- Treatment for Co-occuring Disorders Such as Substance Abuse
Miami VA Healthcare System is run by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Miami VA Healthcare System provides treatment in the following settings.
- Outpatient mental health rehabiliation
Miami VA Healthcare System provides the following emergency mental health treatment and services.
- Crisis intervention team
- Psychiatric emergency onsite services
- Psychiatric emergency walk-in services
Miami VA Healthcare System utilizes the following treatment approaches.
- Couples/family therapy
- Group therapy
- Individual psychotherapy
- Trauma therapy
Miami VA Healthcare System utilizes the following pharmacotherapies & medications in the treatment process.
- Chlorpromazine (Thorazine®)
- Fluphenazine (Prolixin®)
- Haloperidol (Haldol®)
- Loxapine (Loxitane®)
- Perphenazine (Trilafon/Etrafon/Triavil/Triptafen®)
- Pimozide (Orap®)
- Prochlorperazine (Compazine/Compro®)
- Thiothixene (Navane®)
- Thioridazine (Mellaril/Melleril®)
- Trifluoperazine (Stelazine®)
- Aripiprazole (Abilify®)
- Clozapine (Clozaril®)
- Lurasidone (Latuda®)
- Olanzapine (Zyprexa®)
- Olanzapine/Fluoxetine combination (Symbyax®)
- Paliperidone (Invega Trinza®)
- Quetiapine (Seroquel®)
- Risperidone (Risperdal®)
- Ziprasidone (Geodon®)
Information regarding payment(s) accepted at Miami VA Healthcare System and possible financial assistance.
- Military Insurance
- U.S. Department of VA funds
Information regarding specialty programs and groups offered at Miami VA Healthcare System.
- Persons with Alzheimer's or dementia
- Persons with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Miami VA Healthcare System offers the following screening and testing services to mental health clients.
- HIV testing
- Screening for Hepatitis B
- Screening for Hepatitis C
- TB Screening
Miami VA Healthcare System provides the following ancillary services in addition to mental health treatment.
- Case management
- Diet and exercise counseling
- Education services
- Family psychoeducation
- Integrated primary care services
- Suicide prevention services