General Phone Number: 319-272-8000
Admissions Phone Number: 319-272-8585
MercyOne Waterloo Medical Center provides the following mental health rehabilitation services in Waterloo.
- Mental Health Rehab Center
- Treatment for Co-occuring Disorders Such as Substance Abuse
MercyOne Waterloo Medical Center is run by a private non-profit organization.
MercyOne Waterloo Medical Center provides treatment in the following settings.
- Hospital inpatient mental health treatment
MercyOne Waterloo Medical Center provides the following emergency mental health treatment and services.
- Psychiatric emergency walk-in services
MercyOne Waterloo Medical Center utilizes the following treatment approaches.
- Activity therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Group therapy
- Integrated dual disorders treatment
- Individual psychotherapy
- Trauma therapy
MercyOne Waterloo Medical Center utilizes the following pharmacotherapies & medications in the treatment process.
- Chlorpromazine (Thorazine®)
- Haloperidol (Haldol®)
- Aripiprazole (Abilify®)
- Asenapine (Saphris/Sycrest®)
- Lurasidone (Latuda®)
- Olanzapine (Zyprexa®)
- Paliperidone (Invega Trinza®)
- Quetiapine (Seroquel®)
- Risperidone (Risperdal®)
- Ziprasidone (Geodon®)
Information regarding payment(s) accepted at MercyOne Waterloo Medical Center and possible financial assistance.
- Community Mental Health Block Grants
- Community Service Block Grants
- IHS / Tribal / Urban (ITU) Funds
- Military Insurance
- Other State Funds
- Private Insurance
- State Correction or Juvenile Justice Funds
- State Education Agency Funds
- Cash or Self Payment
- State-Financed Healthcare Plan Other Than Medicaid
- State Mental Health Agency Funds
- State Welfare or Child and Family Service Funds
- U.S. Department of VA funds
Information regarding specialty programs and groups offered at MercyOne Waterloo Medical Center.
- Transitional age young adults
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer/questioning (LGBTQ) clients
- Active duty military
- Active duty military
- Military families
- Clients referred from the court/judicial system
- Persons with co-occurring mental and substance use disorders
- Persons with HIV or AIDS
- Persons who have experienced trauma
- Persons with traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Persons experiencing first-episode psychosis
- Persons with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Children/adolescents with serious emotional disturbance (SED)
- Persons with serious mental illness (SMI)
MercyOne Waterloo Medical Center offers the following screening and testing services to mental health clients.
- HIV testing
- Screening for Hepatitis B
- Screening for Hepatitis C
- TB Screening
MercyOne Waterloo Medical Center provides the following ancillary services in addition to mental health treatment.
- Case management
- Diet and exercise counseling
- Education services
- Illness management and recovery
- Integrated primary care services
- Suicide prevention services