General Phone Number: 319-339-0300
Mercy Hospital provides the following mental health rehabilitation services in Iowa City.
- Mental Health Rehabilitation
- Provides Addiction Treatment
Mercy Hospital is run by a private non-profit organization.
Mercy Hospital provides treatment in the following settings.
- Hospital inpatient mental health treatment
Mercy Hospital provides the following emergency mental health treatment and services.
- Psychiatric emergency onsite services
Mercy Hospital utilizes the following treatment approaches.
- Activity therapy
- Behavior modification
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Group therapy
- Individual psychotherapy
Mercy Hospital utilizes the following pharmacotherapies & medications in the treatment process.
- Chlorpromazine (Thorazine®)
- Fluphenazine (Prolixin®)
- Haloperidol (Haldol®)
- Perphenazine (Trilafon/Etrafon/Triavil/Triptafen®)
- Prochlorperazine (Compazine/Compro®)
- Thiothixene (Navane®)
- Thioridazine (Mellaril/Melleril®)
- Trifluoperazine (Stelazine®)
- Aripiprazole (Abilify®)
- Asenapine (Saphris/Sycrest®)
- Cariprazine (Vraylar®)
- Lurasidone (Latuda®)
- Olanzapine (Zyprexa®)
- Paliperidone (Invega Trinza®)
- Quetiapine (Seroquel®)
- Risperidone (Risperdal®)
- Ziprasidone (Geodon®)
Information regarding payment(s) accepted at Mercy Hospital and possible financial assistance.
- Military Insurance
- Private Insurance
- Cash or Self Payment
- U.S. Department of VA funds
Information regarding specialty programs and groups offered at Mercy Hospital.
Mercy Hospital offers the following screening and testing services to mental health clients.
- HIV testing
- Screening for Hepatitis B
- Screening for Hepatitis C
- TB Screening
Mercy Hospital provides the following ancillary services in addition to mental health treatment.
- Diet and exercise counseling
- Education services
- Family psychoeducation