General Phone Number: 352-376-1611
Admissions Phone Number: 352-548-6000
Malcolm Randall VAMC provides the following mental health rehabilitation services in Gainesville.
- Mental Health Treatment Center
- Dual Diagnosis Rehabilitation Center
Malcolm Randall VAMC is run by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Malcolm Randall VAMC provides treatment in the following settings.
- Hospital inpatient mental health treatment
- Outpatient mental health rehabiliation
Malcolm Randall VAMC provides the following emergency mental health treatment and services.
- Crisis intervention team
- Psychiatric emergency onsite services
- Psychiatric emergency mobile/off-site services
- Psychiatric emergency walk-in services
Malcolm Randall VAMC utilizes the following treatment approaches.
- Activity therapy
- Behavior modification
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Couples/family therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Electroconvulsive therapy
- Group therapy
- Integrated dual disorders treatment
- Individual psychotherapy
- Ketamine Infusion Therapy
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
- Trauma therapy
Malcolm Randall VAMC utilizes the following pharmacotherapies & medications in the treatment process.
- Chlorpromazine (Thorazine®)
- Fluphenazine (Prolixin®)
- Haloperidol (Haldol®)
- Loxapine (Loxitane®)
- Perphenazine (Trilafon/Etrafon/Triavil/Triptafen®)
- Pimozide (Orap®)
- Thiothixene (Navane®)
- Thioridazine (Mellaril/Melleril®)
- Trifluoperazine (Stelazine®)
- Aripiprazole (Abilify®)
- Clozapine (Clozaril®)
- Lurasidone (Latuda®)
- Olanzapine (Zyprexa®)
- Paliperidone (Invega Trinza®)
- Quetiapine (Seroquel®)
- Risperidone (Risperdal®)
- Ziprasidone (Geodon®)
Information regarding payment(s) accepted at Malcolm Randall VAMC and possible financial assistance.
- Community Mental Health Block Grants
- Military Insurance
- Private Insurance
- Cash or Self Payment
- State-Financed Healthcare Plan Other Than Medicaid
- U.S. Department of VA funds
Information regarding specialty programs and groups offered at Malcolm Randall VAMC.
- Seniors or older adults
- Seniors or older adults
- Persons with co-occurring mental and substance use disorders
- Persons who have experienced trauma
- Persons with traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Persons with Alzheimer's or dementia
- Persons experiencing first-episode psychosis
- Persons with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Persons with serious mental illness (SMI)
Malcolm Randall VAMC offers the following screening and testing services to mental health clients.
- HIV testing
- Screening for Hepatitis B
- Screening for Hepatitis C
- TB Screening
Malcolm Randall VAMC provides the following ancillary services in addition to mental health treatment.
- Assertive community treatment
- Case management
- Court-ordered outpatient treatment
- Diet and exercise counseling
- Education services
- Family psychoeducation
- Housing services
- Intensive case management
- Integrated primary care services
- Mentoring/peer support/consumer-run services
- Psychosocial rehabilitation services
- Supported employment
- Supported housing
- Suicide prevention services
- Vocational rehabilitation services