General Phone Number: 661-326-2000
Admissions Phone Number: 661-868-8037
Kern Medical provides the following mental health rehabilitation services in Bakersfield.
- Mental Health Rehab Center
- Provides Addiction Treatment
Kern Medical is run by a Regional/district or county, local, or municipal government.
Kern Medical provides treatment in the following settings.
- Hospital inpatient mental health treatment
Kern Medical provides the following emergency mental health treatment and services.
- Psychiatric emergency onsite services
Kern Medical utilizes the following treatment approaches.
- Activity therapy
- Behavior modification
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Group therapy
- Integrated dual disorders treatment
- Individual psychotherapy
- Trauma therapy
Kern Medical utilizes the following pharmacotherapies & medications in the treatment process.
- Chlorpromazine (Thorazine®)
- Fluphenazine (Prolixin®)
- Haloperidol (Haldol®)
- Aripiprazole (Abilify®)
- Asenapine (Saphris/Sycrest®)
- Clozapine (Clozaril®)
- Lurasidone (Latuda®)
- Olanzapine (Zyprexa®)
- Paliperidone (Invega Trinza®)
- Quetiapine (Seroquel®)
- Risperidone (Risperdal®)
- Ziprasidone (Geodon®)
Information regarding payment(s) accepted at Kern Medical and possible financial assistance.
- Federal Grants
- Military Insurance
- Private Insurance
- State Correction or Juvenile Justice Funds
- State-Financed Healthcare Plan Other Than Medicaid
- State Mental Health Agency Funds
- State Welfare or Child and Family Service Funds
- U.S. Department of VA funds
Information regarding specialty programs and groups offered at Kern Medical.
- Transitional age young adults
- Military families
- Clients referred from the court/judicial system
- Persons with co-occurring mental and substance use disorders
- Persons with HIV or AIDS
- Persons who have experienced trauma
- Persons experiencing first-episode psychosis
- Persons with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Persons with serious mental illness (SMI)
Kern Medical offers the following screening and testing services to mental health clients.
- HIV testing
- Screening for Hepatitis B
- Screening for Hepatitis C
- TB Screening
Kern Medical provides the following ancillary services in addition to mental health treatment.
- Case management
- Diet and exercise counseling
- Education services
- Family psychoeducation
- Psychosocial rehabilitation services
- Suicide prevention services