General Phone Number: 816-861-4700
Admissions Phone Number: 816-861-4700 x52641
Kansas City VAMC provides the following mental health rehabilitation services in Kansas City.
- Mental Health Rehab Center
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Provider
Kansas City VAMC is run by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Kansas City VAMC provides treatment in the following settings.
- Hospital inpatient mental health treatment
- Outpatient mental health rehabiliation
- Residential mental health rehab
Kansas City VAMC provides the following emergency mental health treatment and services.
- Psychiatric emergency onsite services
- Psychiatric emergency walk-in services
Kansas City VAMC utilizes the following treatment approaches.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Couples/family therapy
- Electroconvulsive therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing therapy
- Group therapy
- Integrated dual disorders treatment
- Individual psychotherapy
- Trauma therapy
Kansas City VAMC utilizes the following pharmacotherapies & medications in the treatment process.
- Chlorpromazine (Thorazine®)
- Droperidol (Inapsine®)
- Fluphenazine (Prolixin®)
- Haloperidol (Haldol®)
- Loxapine (Loxitane®)
- Perphenazine (Trilafon/Etrafon/Triavil/Triptafen®)
- Pimozide (Orap®)
- Prochlorperazine (Compazine/Compro®)
- Thiothixene (Navane®)
- Thioridazine (Mellaril/Melleril®)
- Trifluoperazine (Stelazine®)
- Aripiprazole (Abilify®)
- Asenapine (Saphris/Sycrest®)
- Brexpiprazole (Rexulti®)
- Cariprazine (Vraylar®)
- Clozapine (Clozaril®)
- IIoperidone (Fanapt®)
- Lurasidone (Latuda®)
- Olanzapine (Zyprexa®)
- Olanzapine/Fluoxetine combination (Symbyax®)
- Paliperidone (Invega Trinza®)
- Quetiapine (Seroquel®)
- Risperidone (Risperdal®)
- Ziprasidone (Geodon®)
Information regarding payment(s) accepted at Kansas City VAMC and possible financial assistance.
- U.S. Department of VA funds
Information regarding specialty programs and groups offered at Kansas City VAMC.
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer/questioning (LGBTQ) clients
- Persons with co-occurring mental and substance use disorders
- Persons who have experienced intimate partner violence, domestic violence
- Persons who have experienced trauma
- Persons with traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Persons with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Persons with serious mental illness (SMI)
Kansas City VAMC offers the following screening and testing services to mental health clients.
- HIV testing
- Screening for Hepatitis B
- Screening for Hepatitis C
- TB Screening
Kansas City VAMC provides the following ancillary services in addition to mental health treatment.
- Case management
- Family psychoeducation
- Housing services
- Intensive case management
- Illness management and recovery
- Integrated primary care services
- Mentoring/peer support/consumer-run services
- Psychosocial rehabilitation services
- Supported employment
- Supported housing
- Suicide prevention services
- Vocational rehabilitation services