General Phone Number: 319-338-0581 x5400
Iowa City VA Healthcare System provides the following mental health rehabilitation services in Iowa City.
- Mental Health Treatment Center
- Dual Diagnosis Rehabilitation Center
Iowa City VA Healthcare System is run by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Iowa City VA Healthcare System provides treatment in the following settings.
- Hospital inpatient mental health treatment
- Outpatient mental health rehabiliation
Iowa City VA Healthcare System provides the following emergency mental health treatment and services.
- Psychiatric emergency onsite services
- Psychiatric emergency walk-in services
Iowa City VA Healthcare System utilizes the following treatment approaches.
- Activity therapy
- Behavior modification
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Couples/family therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Electroconvulsive therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing therapy
- Group therapy
- Integrated dual disorders treatment
- Individual psychotherapy
- Trauma therapy
Iowa City VA Healthcare System utilizes the following pharmacotherapies & medications in the treatment process.
- Chlorpromazine (Thorazine®)
- Fluphenazine (Prolixin®)
- Haloperidol (Haldol®)
- Perphenazine (Trilafon/Etrafon/Triavil/Triptafen®)
- Prochlorperazine (Compazine/Compro®)
- Thiothixene (Navane®)
- Aripiprazole (Abilify®)
- Brexpiprazole (Rexulti®)
- Clozapine (Clozaril®)
- Lurasidone (Latuda®)
- Olanzapine (Zyprexa®)
- Paliperidone (Invega Trinza®)
- Quetiapine (Seroquel®)
- Risperidone (Risperdal®)
- Ziprasidone (Geodon®)
Information regarding payment(s) accepted at Iowa City VA Healthcare System and possible financial assistance.
- Military Insurance
- U.S. Department of VA funds
Information regarding specialty programs and groups offered at Iowa City VA Healthcare System.
Iowa City VA Healthcare System offers the following screening and testing services to mental health clients.
- HIV testing
- Screening for Hepatitis B
- Screening for Hepatitis C
- TB Screening
Iowa City VA Healthcare System provides the following ancillary services in addition to mental health treatment.
- Assertive community treatment
- Case management
- Court-ordered outpatient treatment
- Diet and exercise counseling
- Family psychoeducation
- Housing services
- Intensive case management
- Illness management and recovery
- Integrated primary care services
- Legal advocacy
- Mentoring/peer support/consumer-run services
- Psychosocial rehabilitation services
- Supported employment
- Supported housing
- Suicide prevention services
- Vocational rehabilitation services