General Phone Number: 208-785-1200
Idaho State Hospital South provides the following mental health rehabilitation services in Blackfoot.
- Mental Health Rehab Center
Idaho State Hospital South is run by a state mental health authority.
Idaho State Hospital South provides treatment in the following settings.
- Hospital inpatient mental health treatment
Idaho State Hospital South provides the following emergency mental health treatment and services.
- Crisis intervention team
Idaho State Hospital South utilizes the following treatment approaches.
- Activity therapy
- Behavior modification
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Couples/family therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Group therapy
- Integrated dual disorders treatment
- Individual psychotherapy
- Trauma therapy
Idaho State Hospital South utilizes the following pharmacotherapies & medications in the treatment process.
- Chlorpromazine (Thorazine®)
- Fluphenazine (Prolixin®)
- Haloperidol (Haldol®)
- Loxapine (Loxitane®)
- Perphenazine (Trilafon/Etrafon/Triavil/Triptafen®)
- Thiothixene (Navane®)
- Thioridazine (Mellaril/Melleril®)
- Aripiprazole (Abilify®)
- Asenapine (Saphris/Sycrest®)
- Brexpiprazole (Rexulti®)
- Cariprazine (Vraylar®)
- Clozapine (Clozaril®)
- IIoperidone (Fanapt®)
- Lurasidone (Latuda®)
- Olanzapine (Zyprexa®)
- Paliperidone (Invega Trinza®)
- Quetiapine (Seroquel®)
- Risperidone (Risperdal®)
- Ziprasidone (Geodon®)
Information regarding payment(s) accepted at Idaho State Hospital South and possible financial assistance.
- Military Insurance
- Other State Funds
- Private Insurance
- Cash or Self Payment
- State-Financed Healthcare Plan Other Than Medicaid
- State Mental Health Agency Funds
- State Welfare or Child and Family Service Funds
Information regarding specialty programs and groups offered at Idaho State Hospital South.
- Transitional age young adults
- Seniors or older adults
- Seniors or older adults
- Clients referred from the court/judicial system
- Persons who have experienced intimate partner violence, domestic violence
- Persons who have experienced trauma
- Persons experiencing first-episode psychosis
- Persons with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Children/adolescents with serious emotional disturbance (SED)
- Persons with serious mental illness (SMI)
Idaho State Hospital South offers the following screening and testing services to mental health clients.
- HIV testing
- Screening for Hepatitis B
- Screening for Hepatitis C
- TB Screening
Idaho State Hospital South provides the following ancillary services in addition to mental health treatment.
- Diet and exercise counseling
- Education services
- Family psychoeducation
- Housing services
- Illness management and recovery
- Integrated primary care services
- Mentoring/peer support/consumer-run services
- Suicide prevention services