General Phone Number: 706-733-0188 x7101
Admissions Phone Number: 706-227-4538
Charlie Norwood VAMC provides the following mental health rehabilitation services in Athens.
- Mental Health Rehab Center
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Provider
Charlie Norwood VAMC is run by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Charlie Norwood VAMC provides treatment in the following settings.
- Outpatient mental health rehabiliation
Charlie Norwood VAMC provides the following emergency mental health treatment and services.
- Crisis intervention team
- Psychiatric emergency onsite services
- Psychiatric emergency walk-in services
Charlie Norwood VAMC utilizes the following treatment approaches.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Couples/family therapy
- Group therapy
- Individual psychotherapy
- Trauma therapy
Charlie Norwood VAMC utilizes the following pharmacotherapies & medications in the treatment process.
- Aripiprazole (Abilify®)
- Clozapine (Clozaril®)
- Lurasidone (Latuda®)
- Olanzapine (Zyprexa®)
- Olanzapine/Fluoxetine combination (Symbyax®)
- Quetiapine (Seroquel®)
- Risperidone (Risperdal®)
- Ziprasidone (Geodon®)
Information regarding payment(s) accepted at Charlie Norwood VAMC and possible financial assistance.
- Military Insurance
- Private Insurance
- State-Financed Healthcare Plan Other Than Medicaid
- U.S. Department of VA funds
Information regarding specialty programs and groups offered at Charlie Norwood VAMC.
- Military families
- Persons with co-occurring mental and substance use disorders
- Persons who have experienced trauma
- Persons with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Charlie Norwood VAMC offers the following screening and testing services to mental health clients.
- HIV testing
- Screening for Hepatitis B
- Screening for Hepatitis C
- TB Screening
Charlie Norwood VAMC provides the following ancillary services in addition to mental health treatment.
- Case management
- Diet and exercise counseling
- Education services
- Family psychoeducation
- Housing services
- Illness management and recovery
- Integrated primary care services
- Legal advocacy
- Mentoring/peer support/consumer-run services
- Suicide prevention services