General Phone Number: 706-257-7200
Admissions Phone Number: 706-257-7219
Central Alabama VA Healthcare Sys provides the following mental health rehabilitation services in Columbus.
- Mental Health Treatment Center
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Provider
Central Alabama VA Healthcare Sys is run by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Central Alabama VA Healthcare Sys provides treatment in the following settings.
- Outpatient mental health rehabiliation
Central Alabama VA Healthcare Sys provides the following emergency mental health treatment and services.
- Psychiatric emergency walk-in services
Central Alabama VA Healthcare Sys utilizes the following treatment approaches.
- Behavior modification
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Couples/family therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing therapy
- Group therapy
- Integrated dual disorders treatment
- Individual psychotherapy
- Trauma therapy
Central Alabama VA Healthcare Sys utilizes the following pharmacotherapies & medications in the treatment process.
- Fluphenazine (Prolixin®)
- Haloperidol (Haldol®)
- Loxapine (Loxitane®)
- Perphenazine (Trilafon/Etrafon/Triavil/Triptafen®)
- Thiothixene (Navane®)
- Aripiprazole (Abilify®)
- Brexpiprazole (Rexulti®)
- Cariprazine (Vraylar®)
- Clozapine (Clozaril®)
- Lurasidone (Latuda®)
- Olanzapine (Zyprexa®)
- Paliperidone (Invega Trinza®)
- Quetiapine (Seroquel®)
- Risperidone (Risperdal®)
- Ziprasidone (Geodon®)
Information regarding payment(s) accepted at Central Alabama VA Healthcare Sys and possible financial assistance.
- Federal Grants
- Military Insurance
- Private Insurance
- Cash or Self Payment
- U.S. Department of VA funds
Information regarding specialty programs and groups offered at Central Alabama VA Healthcare Sys.
- Persons with co-occurring mental and substance use disorders
- Persons with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Persons with serious mental illness (SMI)
Central Alabama VA Healthcare Sys offers the following screening and testing services to mental health clients.
- HIV testing
- Screening for Hepatitis B
- Screening for Hepatitis C
- TB Screening
Central Alabama VA Healthcare Sys provides the following ancillary services in addition to mental health treatment.
- Diet and exercise counseling
- Education services
- Family psychoeducation
- Housing services
- Illness management and recovery
- Integrated primary care services
- Legal advocacy
- Mentoring/peer support/consumer-run services
- Psychosocial rehabilitation services
- Supported housing
- Suicide prevention services