General Phone Number: 256-413-7154
Birmingham VAMC provides the following mental health rehabilitation services in Rainbow City.
- Mental Health Rehabilitation
- Treatment for Co-occuring Disorders Such as Substance Abuse
Birmingham VAMC is run by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Birmingham VAMC provides treatment in the following settings.
- Outpatient mental health rehabiliation
Birmingham VAMC provides the following emergency mental health treatment and services.
- Crisis intervention team
- Psychiatric emergency walk-in services
Birmingham VAMC utilizes the following treatment approaches.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Couples/family therapy
- Group therapy
- Individual psychotherapy
- Trauma therapy
Birmingham VAMC utilizes the following pharmacotherapies & medications in the treatment process.
- Aripiprazole (Abilify®)
- Cariprazine (Vraylar®)
- Lurasidone (Latuda®)
- Olanzapine (Zyprexa®)
- Quetiapine (Seroquel®)
- Risperidone (Risperdal®)
- Ziprasidone (Geodon®)
Information regarding payment(s) accepted at Birmingham VAMC and possible financial assistance.
- Military Insurance
- Private Insurance
- U.S. Department of VA funds
Information regarding specialty programs and groups offered at Birmingham VAMC.
Birmingham VAMC offers the following screening and testing services to mental health clients.
- There is no information provided regarding screening at Birmingham VAMC
Birmingham VAMC provides the following ancillary services in addition to mental health treatment.
- Diet and exercise counseling
- Family psychoeducation
- Intensive case management
- Integrated primary care services
- Mentoring/peer support/consumer-run services
- Suicide prevention services