General Phone Number: 860-570-2298
American School for the Deaf provides the following mental health rehabilitation services in West Hartford.
- Mental Health Rehabilitation
American School for the Deaf is run by a private non-profit organization.
American School for the Deaf provides treatment in the following settings.
- Residential mental health rehab
American School for the Deaf provides the following emergency mental health treatment and services.
- Crisis intervention team
- Psychiatric emergency onsite services
American School for the Deaf utilizes the following treatment approaches.
- Activity therapy
- Behavior modification
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Cognitive remediation therapy
- Couples/family therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Group therapy
- Individual psychotherapy
- Trauma therapy
American School for the Deaf utilizes the following pharmacotherapies & medications in the treatment process.
- Haloperidol (Haldol®)
- Aripiprazole (Abilify®)
- Cariprazine (Vraylar®)
- Quetiapine (Seroquel®)
- Risperidone (Risperdal®)
Information regarding payment(s) accepted at American School for the Deaf and possible financial assistance.
- IHS / Tribal / Urban (ITU) Funds
- Other State Funds
- State Correction or Juvenile Justice Funds
- State Education Agency Funds
- State-Financed Healthcare Plan Other Than Medicaid
- State Mental Health Agency Funds
- State Welfare or Child and Family Service Funds
Information regarding specialty programs and groups offered at American School for the Deaf.
- Transitional age young adults
- Persons who have experienced trauma
- Persons with traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Persons with eating disorders
- Persons experiencing first-episode psychosis
- Persons with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Children/adolescents with serious emotional disturbance (SED)
- Persons with serious mental illness (SMI)
American School for the Deaf offers the following screening and testing services to mental health clients.
- There is no information provided regarding screening at American School for the Deaf
American School for the Deaf provides the following ancillary services in addition to mental health treatment.
- Case management
- Court-ordered outpatient treatment
- Diet and exercise counseling
- Education services
- Family psychoeducation
- Housing services
- Supported employment
- Suicide prevention services