General Phone Number: 907-269-7100
Alaska Psychiatric Institute provides the following mental health rehabilitation services in Anchorage.
- Mental Health Rehabilitation
- Provides Addiction Treatment
Alaska Psychiatric Institute is run by a state government agency.
Alaska Psychiatric Institute provides treatment in the following settings.
- Hospital inpatient mental health treatment
Alaska Psychiatric Institute provides the following emergency mental health treatment and services.
- We do not have any information about emergency services provided by this facility.
Alaska Psychiatric Institute utilizes the following treatment approaches.
- Activity therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Group therapy
- Integrated dual disorders treatment
- Individual psychotherapy
- Trauma therapy
Alaska Psychiatric Institute utilizes the following pharmacotherapies & medications in the treatment process.
- Chlorpromazine (Thorazine®)
- Fluphenazine (Prolixin®)
- Haloperidol (Haldol®)
- Loxapine (Loxitane®)
- Perphenazine (Trilafon/Etrafon/Triavil/Triptafen®)
- Thiothixene (Navane®)
- Thioridazine (Mellaril/Melleril®)
- Trifluoperazine (Stelazine®)
- Aripiprazole (Abilify®)
- Asenapine (Saphris/Sycrest®)
- Clozapine (Clozaril®)
- Lurasidone (Latuda®)
- Olanzapine (Zyprexa®)
- Quetiapine (Seroquel®)
- Risperidone (Risperdal®)
- Ziprasidone (Geodon®)
Information regarding payment(s) accepted at Alaska Psychiatric Institute and possible financial assistance.
- Community Mental Health Block Grants
- Community Service Block Grants
- IHS / Tribal / Urban (ITU) Funds
- Military Insurance
- Other State Funds
- Private Insurance
- State Correction or Juvenile Justice Funds
- Cash or Self Payment
- State Mental Health Agency Funds
- State Welfare or Child and Family Service Funds
- U.S. Department of VA funds
- Payment Assistance Available (Check With Facility For Details)
Information regarding specialty programs and groups offered at Alaska Psychiatric Institute.
- Transitional age young adults
- Seniors or older adults
- Seniors or older adults
- Clients referred from the court/judicial system
- Persons with co-occurring mental and substance use disorders
- Persons with HIV or AIDS
- Persons who have experienced trauma
- Persons with traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Persons with Alzheimer's or dementia
- Persons experiencing first-episode psychosis
- Persons with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Persons with serious mental illness (SMI)
Alaska Psychiatric Institute offers the following screening and testing services to mental health clients.
- HIV testing
- Screening for Hepatitis B
- Screening for Hepatitis C
- TB Screening
Alaska Psychiatric Institute provides the following ancillary services in addition to mental health treatment.
- Case management
- Court-ordered outpatient treatment
- Family psychoeducation
- Illness management and recovery
- Integrated primary care services
- Legal advocacy
- Psychosocial rehabilitation services
- Suicide prevention services